Since brothers Carl and Frank Cardaci purchased their first truck in 1968 and officially incorporated Centurion in 1971, the CFC Group has grown significantly.
- CEA acquires ELB Equipment to become leading distributor of DitchWitch and Komptech in Australia. As part of the acquisition CEA became the primary distributor of Diamond Z, Screenpod, TrackStack, Hammerhead and Subsite.
- Centurion signs purchase agreement with K&S Corporation to acquire Regal’s WA General Haulage business
- CFC Group acquires a stake in Dunstans, a specialist contractor involved in horizontal direction drilling, ploughing and forestry haulage
- Centurion acquires Triton Transport Services and FuelTrans Goldfields/Metro Assets
- CFC Group acquires partnership with Atlas Copco to distribute construction equipment through its network.
- Centurion opens premises in Mackay, Brisbane, Emerald and Adelaide.
- Underground Services Australia and Cape Crushing & Earthmoving merge to become Cape, a provider of world class solutions to businesses operating in the resources, utilities and infrastructure sectors.
- Centurion buys the trailing assets of McAleese and expands nationally.
- CFC Group acquires Redstar a specialist fixed-speed diesel equipment company providing generators, compressors, welders, lighting towers, distribution boards, parts & servicing to many of Australia’s largest mining, construction, industrial, rental and government organisations.
- CFC Group completes the purchase of Cape Crushing and Earthmoving.
- CFC Group purchase the remaining shares of Underground Services Australia.
- Construction Equipment Australia becomes single franchise focused and changes its trading name to JCB Construction Equipment Australia.
- New $40m purpose built freight terminal opened in Hazelmere, Perth.
- CFC Equipment acquires remaining shares in Construction Equipment Australia and drops the CFC Equipment brand.
- Centurion acquires Brambles Northwest operations.
- CFC Equipment establishes Adelaide operation and acquires shareholding in Construction Equipment Australia. CFC and CEA appointed as the JCB Distributor for Australia.
- CFC Group acquires 50% shareholding in Underground Services Australia.
- Cape Crushing was founded by Leanne & Mike Heddon.
- Underground Services Australia is established by Peter Rowles, initially focusing on the installation of gas mains in built up areas.
- Construction Equipment Australia Pty Ltd (CEA) is established by Kevan Wacey and 5 partners.
- CFC Equipment is established and begins trading in used equipment.
- After picking up several transport contracts, the founders decided to incorporate Centurion Transport Co Pty Ltd.
- Brothers Frank and Carl Cardaci commence a partnership in transport, purchasing a used truck with the aim of reselling.